Tumblr is a microblogging platform where users can post multimedia and other forms of content in a short-form blog. At some point, the platform removes the Safe mode button, allowing users to enable or disable this option. Now, many users see the following message “This Tumblr may contain sensitive media.“
This Tumblr may contain sensitive media
If this is something that shows up, it means the content has been flagged as inappropriate by the community or by Tumblr. However, there is a way to see the content, but only if you are over 18. If not, you won’t be able to access it.
How do I see the content?
You can access sensitive content on different devices, depending on your use. In other words, you can do it on your computer, your iOS, or your Android device. The steps are explained below.
Steps to do it on a computer
- Open a browser of your choice and go to the Tumblr website
- Log in by entering your email and password
- If you stumble upon a post that is considered unsafe, a warning will come up
- Click on Go to My Dashboard
- Once you click on that, the blog will show up on the right-side
- Click on the “View this Tumblr” button
Android and iOS
As you know, you can use the Tumblr app on your Android and iOS devices. If you come across a blog considered unsafe, you will see a message that Tumblr may contain sensitive media. Tap on the “View this Tumblr” button.
You can view Tumblr, which contains sensitive media, and you can only do so if you are over 18. However, the catch is that you must do this whenever you come across a blog considered unsafe.