If you assumed that your Moto X (2014) is just another expensive smartphone with high end specifications, better camera and build quality. Well then you are right, but there’s so much more to add to that list. And one of those things is its ability to compile a list of your best photos and videos, and then make a highlight reel of it.
So for all the folks who do not know what a highlight reel is; it is basically a feature which will compile all your great photos and videos into a cool little montage of yourself, in which a background soundtrack can also be added, and then you can share it with your friends and family.
While this is not something new because HTC has been doing it from a long time, and Samsung has surely tried its hand in this function, but has always dabbled. But it is good to see Motorola on the same ship, and we do expect it to periodically improve it so that we can have better experience with it. Here’s how it works on the all new Motorola Moto X:
In case you were not in a mood of watching the video, here are the written instructions for readers (I really like you, because you are readers):
- Shoot a couple of photos and videos. If you don’t like some, then reshoot them, or you simply don’t have to stress a lot on this because this is your first time.
- Now open your Gallery app. Slide out the drawer from the left, and then choose “Highlights”.
- Select the grouping that you want to work with
- Choose the photos and videos that you think are the best one’s, and want to include in the highlight.
- Then choose the length/duration of the highlight that you want, and then choose the soundtrack that you want to play in the background.
- And just save it. Voila! You’ve just made your first Highlight Reel. Now you are all set to share it with your friends and family.
Simplicity is the best thing that Motorola has done here. And to be honest, it is a pretty hard thing to accomplish these days, because the tech world has become so complicated, that almost everyone is finding a hard time to get out of that complexity. While you will find the bells and whistles of HTC more attractive in the terms of making a highlight reel, but Motorola does gets the job done here. Also, it is much easier to use when compared to HTC’s.
So to wrap this up, I will say that this is a cool new feature for the Moto’s. But in the end, we all should learn to embrace the things we have, and have fun with it, while at the same time, sharing our lives with the whole world to make it complete.