Plex recently added a new feature to its platform. You are now able to add photos and videos to your Plex account. In this article, we will show you how to use this feature and understand it. So, sit tight, and keep reading this article to find out how to do it.
The camera upload feature
Before we start, you should know that you can only use this camera upload feature on the Plex if you have the Plex Pass. Plex Pass is a subscription to Plex. If you are using Plex for free in the form of a free account, you will not be able to use this feature until you subscribe to Plex. Do not waste your time trying to upload photos or videos to your Plex account if you do not have a premium account.
So, here are the steps to set up and use this camera upload feature.
- You will first have to open up the Plex app on your phone. You can log into your account automatically if you are not logged in.
- After that, you will have to set up the Camera Upload feature on your phone. Then head over to the Settings of your phone, then go to the Applications section. In that Applications section, find the Plex app and click on it to expand some options. A new screen will show up, and you will see a few options. Click on the Camera Upload option to expand that feature’s settings. Click on the Library section and then continue to the next step.
- A new window is going to show up on your screen. Now, you must choose which library you wish to add your photos to. Can you create a new library or choose one that already exists? If you want to create a new library, click the New Library button. A small window will show up on your screen where you must type in the name of that new library. Once you are done, press the Create button. If you want to select an already existing library, simply select the one that already exists by clicking on the small square next to that library’s name.
- Next, you must go back for a while and enter the Album settings. You should select the album into which you want to add your photos. If you have just made a new library, it would be best if you also made a new album in that library. Or, just choose an already existing album.
- The last step is to head back to the Camera Upload settings and enable it by clicking on the switch right next to that feature’s name.
Uploading photos and videos
After you have set up and adjusted the camera upload feature, you just need to start uploading your content to Plex. Remember that you can change the camera upload feature anytime you want. You just need to repeat all the steps from this article's first paragraph.
The upload process is the same as when you upload TV shows or movies to Plex. Just open the Plex app, click the upload button, find the content you want to upload and begin the process. After the process has been finished, you will be able to see the content you added to the library you chose.