Since Microsoft launched Skype for the Web, many people have decided to switch and use Skype. This is more convenient for many because it eliminates downloading the app and installing it on your PC. Considering this option (you might be using a Chromebook or an older machine), you will find that Skype for Web is pretty cool. It has features like the Skype app, and you can chat and make video calls as usual. You can also disable notification sounds, and that’s exactly what we will show you here. Let’s see how to turn off notification sounds in Skype for the Web.
How to turn off notification sounds in Skype for Web
You can disable that option if you don’t like the sound that plays whenever you get a new message. The sounds can be annoying, especially if conversing with a few contacts simultaneously. Here's how to disable notification sounds:
- Open your browser and go to Skype for Web
- Log in using your Skype name and password
- Next, click on the three dots (these are located right next to your name)
- Click Settings
- In the Settings menu, click Notifications (located at the bottom left of the window)
- Now, find Notification sounds among the options and click on the switch to turn the option off.
- The sounds are now off.
If you have been using the Skype app before, you may notice that the steps for changing the notification settings are the same. You get around it all pretty fast. The most important thing is that Skype for Web comes with chat and video calling options to stay in touch with your contacts.