For those who have explored the worlds of web and video conferencing, you must have come across Livestorm. Livestorm is a web-based platform where people can stream videos, share screens, and host webinars. ‘Web-based’ means that Livestorm is designed for use on a browser, so no app installation is needed. If you host a webinar, Livestorm usually saves the video, and at the end, you have the option to download it.
Transcription involves getting textual information from a video or an audio file. After hosting your webinar, you may need to transcribe it for this or that reason. Instead of sourcing for transcription experts who may charge you a million bucks for your few-minute webinar, you can do it yourself. This article will guide you on how to transcribe your Livestorm webinar.
Transcription, Livestorm, and Webinars
Since Livestorm does not have the option to transcribe, you will need to use a third-party platform. They are like Temi and Happy Scribe. This article will show you how you can get your webinar video transcribed on both platforms.
First, you should learn how to download the video, which is quite easy.
Downloading the video
- Visit Livestorm.co in a modern browser
- On the open page, click on the ‘Login’ button in the top-right corner. Enter your login credentials.
- Hover over the video you want to transcribe and click on the icon with the three dots.
- Click on the "Webinar room" option on the menu that displays.
- On the webinar page, click on the cloud icon in the top-right corner of the video’s screen. The download will start immediately and will be saved in your local storage.
- Visit Temi.com in your browser.
- Click the large "Select audio/video file" button on the open page. You will be directed to your local storage. Choose the webinar video file.
- After a successful upload, Temi will ask you to add an email address. They will send the transcript link there.
- Go to your mailbox and click on the link in the email you received from Temi.
- The link will open you up to a page where you will see the transcript. You can copy and paste it into any text editor.
On the Happy Scribe
Happy Scribe has set up an end-to-end version of its website specifically for Livestorm webinars. You can look it up here but before you do, check out these steps:
- On your browser, visit Happyscribe.com.
- On the opening page, click on the pink "Get started free" button in the top-right corner.
- Fill out the "Try Happy Scribe for free" form. Add your first name, last name, email, and password. Then, click the blue "Get Started Free" button. On the page that appears, click "Continue."
- Then, click ‘Transcription.’ The upload page will open.
- Click on "Upload a file." In the box that appears, specify the quality of the webinar’s video.
- Then, select the video file from "My Device" and the language spoken in the webinar.
- Once the upload is successful, click on "Transcribe."
- Fill in the formalities that Happy Scribe shows you on the screens.
The remaining time of the transcription will be shown. When your file is ready, you will be shown the "Open dashboard" button.
- Click on the file and the transcript will open in a new tab. You can copy the text and paste it into a text editor.