Before we start explaining how you can sync your Google Drive to your PC or any other device, we must first explain what Google Drive is and how it works.
What is Google Drive, and how does it work?
Google Drive is a place where you can store all of the media files that you want to keep safe. To have and use Google Drive, you must have a Gmail account. Business people probably know how to use Google Drive and sync it with other accounts, and of course, they know some of the advantages of using Google Drive.
When you open your Google Drive, you will be able to store files and have 15GB of free space, which is a lot! Since you want to know how to sync your Google Drive account to your PC or another device, we will get to the point. Keep reading this article to get a step-by-step guide on how to do this quickly.
Steps to do it:
- Before you start syncing your files, you must have an app for it. You will have to download the Backup and Sync app. You can download it from this link: https://www.google.com/drive/download/ . You will get a tool available for both PC and Mac devices. If you already have Google Drive installed on your device, skip to the next step. Once the download process is done, install the tool on your device and open it.
- Log in to your account. If by chance, you already have the app downloaded and installed on your device, you will not need to log in to your account because it will be done automatically.
- When you log in, a new screen will be shown on your screen where you will be able to see what Google Drive is all about. Just click on the Got it button to proceed.
- When you proceed, you will be able to see some of the options for syncing items. You can choose between these three options: Sync My Drive to this Computer option which will sync your Drive to your PC or Mac device from your Drive to your PC or Mac device. The second option is Sync Everything in your Drive; this option will sync everything, literally, to every file from your Drive to your device. The last option is the Sync Only These Folders option, which will only sync the folders that you select. So choose whichever option suits you best and continue to the next step.
- You will now have to choose the folder on your PC that you want to sync. Go to the My Computer section and find the folder you wish to sync to your Google Drive account. You can choose from the Desktop, Pictures, and Document sections to find the correct folder. To select a folder, tick the box on the right side of the name.
- Next, click OK, and the file from your PC is synced to your Google Drive account.
If you are having a problem while trying to connect, backup, and sync your files, there are a few things you can try that might help you:
- Check your internet connection. The syncing will not start if you do not have internet access.
- If you are having problems while downloading the tool app, try several times or check to see if you already have that tool installed on your computer.