Once you buy a Google Chromecast, the challenge remains on how to connect it to your PC. However, you’d be surprised by how easy it is! The only challenging thing about the process is that you have to follow a series of very long steps. But it’s much easier if you do it on your PC. Follow the method below to get started!
What Do I Need To Get Started?
You only need three main things to get started with the process. However, they are very crucial, so make sure you have all of the things below:
- Google Chromecast
- A PC installed with Windows 10
- Google Chrome web browser (that is preferably downloaded on your PC)
Once you have the materials, continue with the steps of “Setting Up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC”.
Setting Up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC
To set up Chromecast on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
- In your TV’s HDMI port, plug in the HDMI cable of your google Chromecast via the USB power adapter.
- With your TV Remote, change the input of your TV and choose the HDMI option into which your Chromecast is plugged. Once you've done this, you’ve successfully connected your Chromecast to the TV. the next step is to do this on your computer.
- On your PC, open the Google Chrome web browser. Ensure you can access it because this method will not work without Chrome.
- In the address field on Chrome, type in “chromecast.com/setup” and hit Enter.
- When you’re done, Google Cast will search for any Chromecast device connected to your network. You should see “Searching For Cast Devices…” on your screen. Note that if Google’s unable to access your device, go to the Network Settings on your computer (or use your router) and switch the GHz from 2.4 to 5. You may also do this the other way around.
- Once connected, click the yellow button on your screen that says “Set Me Up.”
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the bottom right menu of your computer's home screen. Then, choose the new Chromecast Wi-Fi network.
- Click “Next” (the yellow arrow) to confirm this action.
- The code on your computer screen should match the one at the bottom right of your TV screen. If it does, click “Next” to confirm the code.
- On the next screen, you have to confirm your Wi-Fi settings. In the appropriate text fields, confirm the type of your Wi-Fi network and enter the password. Once you’re done, click “Connect.”
- Finally, Chromecast should display the “Ready to Cast!” screen. Once you see this, you have successfully connected your Chromecast to your Windows 10 PC.
This means that you can now use Chromecast via your PC! Simply search for videos, photos, or anything you wish to share on the big screen. Then, click the Cast icon (a screen with waves) at the top right of your screen, where you usually see your Chrome extensions. After you’ve done this, your computer screen will reflect on your TV. You can now enjoy watching your content on the big screen. Wasn’t that easy?