Google Chrome is one of the best browsers to have on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop. But even the best apps and programs could have some issues; the same goes for Chrome. You may get the latest version if the browser keeps freezing or closing.
But if that doesn’t fix the problem, you can uninstall it from your PC and download and install it repeatedly. While it may seem time-consuming, it requires just a few moments of your time. Below we will share a simple guide on reinstalling Chrome on Windows 10.
How to reinstall Chrome on Windows 10
As we said, reinstalling Chrome is fairly simple. The first thing you need to do is remove it from your PC and then reinstall it. Both processes are explained below.
How to uninstall Chrome
To uninstall Chrome from your Windows 10 PC, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Start button in the bottom-left corner of the screen
- Next, click on the gear icon to access the Settings menu
- Now click on Apps
- On the list of apps, find Google Chrome and click on it
- Click Uninstall
Done. Chrome is now uninstalled from your Windows 10.
How to install Chrome
Here is how to install Chrome on your Windows:
- Open any browser that you have on your PC, for instance, Microsoft Edge
- Next, open this link
- Download Chrome
- The file will be placed in your Downloads folder (unless you have selected some other location for downloads)
- Locate the file and double-click on it
- You will be asked, “Do you want to run this file?”
- Click Run
- Next, you will be asked to give the app permission to make changes on your PC; click Yes.
- The installation will start.
Once Chrome is installed, you can personalize it as you want.