Every social network allows users to adjust security and privacy settings just how they want. The same goes for LinkedIn. You can change various settings on the network the way it suits you. You can manage who sees what, and if you are a new member of the LinkedIn community, you might need some help. This article will share a guide showing you how to manage who can see your email address on LinkedIn.
How to manage who can see your email address on LinkedIn
Controlling your personal information on LinkedIn is pretty simple. Here’s how to manage who can see your email address:
- Open the browser and go to the LinkedIn website
- Log in by entering your email address and password
- Next, click on your profile photo at the top of the screen or the option “Me.”
- The drop-down menu will appear
- Select Settings & Privacy
- Go to the option “Who can see your email address” and click on that
- Next, click on the box that allows you to choose between the offered options
- Options you can choose from are Only visible to me, 1st-degree connections, 1st and 2nd-degree connections, and Anyone on LinkedIn.
- Choose the option that suits you, and the changes will be saved automatically.
To clarify, 2nd-degree connections are those connected to your 1st-degree contacts.
When making changes, keep in mind that others can contact you directly when they are allowed to see your email address. Anyway, select the option that you consider is the best for you. If you change your mind at some point and want to make the changes again, follow the steps we have listed here.