Do you have a friend or customer with whom you have been communicating via LiveChat, and they need some help with their desktop computer? Well, you can connect the TeamViewer app to the LiveChat application and see their screen on your device and therefore help them with the problem that they have. Continue reading this article to learn how to do it in just a few simple steps.
How to install live chat on TeamViewer
We hope you already have an account on Live Chat; if you do not, make one. And, of course, we hope you have the actual TeamViewer remote control software installed on your computer. So, here is how to integrate and install Live Chat on your TeamViewer software.
- Open up the LiveChat software on your device.
- Head over to the Marketplace section of the LiveChat software application. Within the list of available apps, find and choose the TeamViewer app. Click on it to open it, and then click on the Install button. (You will just be installing the extension for the LiveChat app, you are not installing the TeamViewer application on your device. As we have previously mentioned, we hope that you already have the TeamViewer software application downloaded and installed on your device; if not, you can download it now or later)
- All that is left to do is to wait until the installation process has been finished. Keep reading this article to find out how to use this LiveChat feature on TeamViewer.
How to use the live chat feature on TeamViewer
Once you have installed the live chat feature on TeamViewer, we will guide you on how to use it and set it up. Just follow these simple steps, and you can start using the live chat feature and share the screen with your customers in no time.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open up the LiveChat software application.
- Head over to the Chat section of the LiveChat application and click on it to expand it.
- Now, find a chat with someone that has already been started and open it.
- Once you have opened a chat with someone, find the TeamViewer logo in the top right corner of that screen and click on it. Some options should appear.
- A new right sidebar is going to show up on your screen. The sidebar will contain only one option, the Access desktop button. Click on it.
The person you were conversing with will now receive a link that will take them to the TeamViewer download page. They will need to download the TeamViewer application on their device to allow you to access their screen share.
After that person has installed the TeamViewer software on their computer, you will have to ask them for their ID and password. You need to open up your TeamViewer application and connect to their device by entering their UD and password in the selected location. Once you are done entering those, click on the Connect button to make a connection to their device and therefore help them with their problem.
You will get access to their computer automatically after the connection has been established. You can view their files, access their settings, and help them with anything.