Netflix allows its users to watch content on several screens simultaneously, depending on their selected plan. This is great because you can share your account with your roommates, family members, kids, friends, etc.
Also, everyone can have a profile where they can add movies and tv shows to their lists, continue watching the content they previously started, and so on. If you are new to this streaming service and are unsure how to create a profile on Netflix, keep reading. We are going to share the steps.
You can create new profiles on the Netflix website, and you can also do it using the app. Let's see both methods.
Create a profile on the website
To create a Netflix profile on the website, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Netflix website and log in
- Click on the icon in the top right corner
- From the drop-down menu, select Manage profiles
- Click on the + sign
- Enter your name and tick the box next to a kid if you are creating a profile for your little ones (when creating a profile for kids, content for kids above 12 years won't be available on that profile)
- Click Continue
- Click Done.
Create a profile using the app
Perhaps you prefer using the app to create a profile that way. Here's how to do this:
- Open the Netflix app on your Android or iOS device
- Tap your profile picture in the upper right corner
- Tap Manage profiles.
- Now tap on the plus sign to add a profile
- Enter the name for that profile
- If you create a profile for kids, enable the option "For kids" by moving the switch.
- Click Save
You can easily create a profile for your family members or friends by following the steps we have shared here.