Gamers all over the world convene on Twitch to play. Twitch is a video game streaming platform that has recently rocked the world. There, they get to challenge each other. Twitch users get to create their channels and host live streams. Also, they join existing channels usually based on games (among other interests). On these channels, they get to watch live streams.
Whether famous or not, you should customize your Twitch channel to become attractive. One way you can customize your channel is to change your Twitch banner. When viewers visit your channel, they pick information about your channel from your custom banner at a glance. The banner is usually 1920 x 480 in terms of dimension size. This article will guide you on how to change your Twitch banner.
The making of Twitch banners
To give you a chance to create a suitable banner for your Twitch account, some third-party websites have taken it upon themselves to enable users to create them. These websites include Snappa, Canva, and Adobe Spark.
Before changing your Twitch banner, you must ensure it is at its best. Websites do not require you to have design skills to make your banner. Visit them and create a banner in minutes. Then proceed to change it on your Twitch account.
Now, for the changes.
You need to know that changing your Twitch banner on the mobile app is impossible. The steps are meant to be followed on a Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- Visit Twitch.tv on your desktop or laptop’s browser.
- Enter your credentials (username and password) to access your account.
- On the page that shows, click on the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Channel’ button below ‘Share my Activity’ on the display menu. Ensure that you are set to Offline. The screen that opens up will be active on the ‘Home’ tab.
- Once your channel opens up, click on the “Customize your channel” button. You should see it below the “Follow” and the bell icons. This will take you to a new tab.
- Scroll down to the “Profile Banner” tab in a new tab. You will see that the box next to “Generate Background” is checked.
- Check the “Custom Image” box. You will see that the recommended size is 1200 x 480. Also, your upload needs to be no more than 10 MB.
- Click on the ‘Upload’ button. A small menu will appear at the center of the screen with the label Editing profile banner for.
- Click on the ‘+’ button and navigate to where the banner you made is and select it. The upload will start, and once it is successful, you will see it displayed under Custom Image.
- When the image appears, click on the ‘Save’ button. A successful save will briefly show a tick on the ‘Save’ button.
When you visit your channel (up to step 4), you will see your banner showing. Every time that you are offline, your viewers will see the banner.
Now, you’re bannered.
By changing your banner, you have taken a step closer to improving your brand. The steps have been broken down, and the subject should now be disentangled and unscrambled. Decorate your Twitch with banners and attract love from Twitch users!