Skype is one of the most popular and trustworthy chatting applications. Many people use it daily to chat with friends, family, or coworkers. It gives a smooth and fun experience, which users like the most. If you are wondering how to change your Skype username, keep reading, as we will show you all the possible ways. There are three options. You can change your Skype username on your PC, you can do it on your mobile phone, and even on the web.
Changing the username on the PC
It does not matter whether you are on Windows or MAC this method is applicable on both operating systems because it only requires you to have the Skype desktop application on your computer. You can change your Skype username by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First, open your Skype desktop application.
- The next step is to click on your Skype profile picture or on your username (You can find both of them in the top-left corner).
- After this, you will see a section on the left named “Manage,” In that section, you need to look for the “Skype profile” option and click on that.
- You will see your Skype username, profile picture, and a pencil icon on the right side of your username just click on the pencil.
- Enter your new username and press enter to save your changed username.
Changing the username on your phone
If you are one of those who use Skype on their phones via a mobile app, then this section is for you. You can follow the steps mentioned here to change your Skype username:
- The first step is the obvious one because, first of all, you need to open your Skype app
- You will see your profile picture in the middle of the screen at the top just click on it
- After clicking on your profile photo, you will be taken to a profile management section; look for the “Skype Profile” option in the manage section and tap on it.
- Next up, you will see your username and a pencil just to its right
- Click on the pencil to edit your username.
- Enter the new username and press enter.
Changing the username on the Web
Just as we changed the username on PC and mobile, this method is similar to both. Let’s see how to change your Skype username on the web:
- You need to sign in to your Skype account on the Skype website.
- You will see your name on the top right of the screen; just hover the mouse pointer on it, and you will see a drop-down menu.
- Select “My Account” from the drop-down.
- In the My Account section, just scroll down to the page and look for your contact details.
- For your contact details, click on the “Edit Profile” option.
- Then you will be taken to the “Profile” section. On the right side, you will see an option named “Edit Profile” just to the right of “Change password.” Click on Edit profile.
- In the textbox which says “Name,” enter the new name you want to set, and once done, click on the green “save” button on the right side.
- Finally, press OK for confirmation so that the system acknowledges the change.