Have you recently considered password leaks due to hackers trying to hack users' passwords? Do you want to change your password for Reddit, too, so that you can protect yourself from these password leaks, which could potentially lead to your account getting hacked?
It is always good practice to keep changing your passwords regularly to prevent your account from being hacked. It could also be the case that the password for your account is not that strong. You might want to change it to a strong password, so it does not get easily hacked. To change your Reddit password, read this article in which the complete steps are given.
The steps mentioned here are to change the Reddit password using the old Reddit user interface. Several Reddit users are still using the old Reddit, and the method of changing your password is slightly different from the old Reddit interface compared to the new Reddit.
To change your Reddit password, follow these steps:
- First, you need to open a browser on a device connected to the internet and open the Reddit website. If you use the old Reddit, open it.
- Now, click on the "preferences" option near the top-right corner.
- Next, click on the password/email tab by clicking on the 'password/email' option, which you will find in the top area next to the list of options next to the 'preferences' option.
- Under the heading "update your password," you need to enter your current password in the text box titled "current password."
- In each text box titled "new password" and "verify password," enter the new password.
- After changing your password, you can click on the option to log out from anywhere.
- Click on the 'save' button.
- Your password has now been changed.
The new Reddit interface is quite different from the old one. So, the password-changing method is also different in the new Reddit. All the steps to change your Reddit password are given here:
- Open Reddit in a browser.
- Click on the username located in the top-right corner of the webpage.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the 'User Settings' option from this menu.
- Go to the "accounts" tab by clicking on the "accounts" button in the top portion under the heading "user settings."
- Under the "account settings," you will find the "change password" option. Click on the 'change' option next to it.
- Type the old password and the new password, and then confirm the new password again as asked in the form that opens up.
- Choose to log out from anywhere on Reddit if you want to.
- Click on the 'save' button.
Using the app
If you use the Reddit app, you can also change the Reddit password from the app. The steps for that are:
- Open the Reddit app.
- Next, tap on your avatar on the upper left corner of the app screen. This will open up a menu.
- Tap on the "Settings" option in the menu.
- After this, tap on the "account settings for u/username" option at the top (replace 'username' with your Reddit username).
- Then, tap on the "change password" option under the "basic settings" heading on the menu.
- Provide the new and old passwords in the text boxes on the page.
- Tap 'Save.'