Windows 10 has numerous options you can tweak and adjust according to your preferences. And that’s one of the best parts of it. You can search settings, explore it all, and turn it on and off to see what’s for you and what is not.
It is hard to leave it all as it is, especially if you seek a personalized experience. One thing you can change is the notifications. I didn’t like that Windows only showed a notification for a few seconds. You barely have the time to take a peek, and poof – off it goes. However, you can adjust this to suit your needs. This article will show you how to change the period Windows 10 shows notifications.
How to change how long Windows 10 shows notifications
This is not a complicated task, but if you are new to Windows 10, you might need some help. That’s why we are here. To change how long Windows 10 shows notifications, the steps are as follows:
- Click on the Start button
- Next, click on the gear icon on the left to access the Settings menu
- Under Settings, click on Ease of Access
- Now scroll down until you find the option “Show notifications for”
- Click on the option, and you will get to choose between 5 seconds, 7 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 5 minutes
- Choose the option that you think is best for you. As you can see, the maximum time is 5 minutes.
- The changes will take place right away.
That is all you need to do to change how long Windows displays the notifications. You can always make changes again by following the same steps.