Giving Alexa commands to do something for you is helpful, and it’s also fun. But perhaps you have said Alexa way too many times, and you are wondering if there’s another wake word you can set for your favorite virtual assistant. The answer is yes. Here, we will share a quick guide on how to change Alexa’s wake word.
There are two ways to change Alexa’s wake word. The first is using the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device, and the second is using your speaker. We are going to show you both.
How to change Alexa’s wake word: Using the app
Here’s how to change Alexa’s wake word using the app:
- Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device
- Tap on the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the app
- Now tap Settings
- Tap Device Settings.
- Now choose the device for which you want to change the wake word
- Scroll down and tap Wake Word
- Select the word you want. You can choose between Alexa, Amazon, Echo, and Computer.
How to change Alexa’s wake word: Using the speaker
The second method to change Alexa’s wake word is using the speaker. This means you have to speak to Alexa and say something like, “Alexa, can you change the wake word?”. Once you say this, follow the Alexa prompts, and you will change the wake word. The choice is the same – Alexa, Amazon, Echo, and Computer.
If you ever want the wake word to be Alexa again, follow the same guidelines and change the wake word again.